Your Personal Breakthrough to Success
If you want to know the secret to success and feeling prosperous in every area of your life, then be prepared to have a true breakthrough to success. Today!
Success is relative. Have you ever had a discussion with someone after they just made partner at their law firm? It may have gone something like this: “I finally made partner. I’ve been waiting a long time for it to happen.” “Aren’t you happy? Wow! Congrats! That’s a real accomplishment and great job on the raise!” “Thanks, but I’ll have to work 80 hours a week instead of 60. And the pressure I’ll be under is intense but it’s what I’ve always wanted.”
To some, this type of job equals financial freedom. To others, it may sound like there’s no room for anything in life but work. What does it sound like to you?
Breakthrough to Success Rule #1 – Success is Relative
Success is what you regard it to be. Is the lawyer successful? Yes he is, according to his personal idea of success. He accomplished just what he set out to do. He wanted to become a lawyer. Check. He wanted to become a partner at a particular law firm. Check. He wanted to make over $100,000 a year before he turned 40. Check. But to someone else, working 80 hours a week and not leaving time to enjoy family, friends or a creative outlet may not seem like a dream job. A person’s idea of success is in direct proportion to the amount of money they need to be happy in their life. That’s relative prosperity and a personal breakthrough to success!
The point is: don’t believe the success-hype! What’s your idea of success? Don’t worry about money –that will come doing what you love. Do what you’re passionate about, stop measuring your success to another and stay focused on your own personal goals and accomplishments.
Why Breakthrough to Success Equals More Happiness
Are you earning as much as you’d like? Most of us aren’t. We go to work, day in and day out without feeling like we’re being compensated fairly for our skills. Or, we may be financially successful but lack real balance and personal satisfaction in our relationships. Regardless of what your life’s prosperity look like, ask yourself: am I experiencing enough success in my life? Am I working towards making my dreams come true? Here’s how to create more abundance and overall success in all areas of your life, from your work life to your workout at the gym.
- Determine how much money you need to be happy and financially secure. If someone asked a handful of people how much money they would need to make on a monthly basis to feel happy and secure, each person would have a different number in mind. That’s because our bills, our daily indulgences, and our occasional splurges vary in all of us. Don’t pay attention to that person sitting on the subway next to you who makes $50,000 more than you do. Do you really need that extra money in your bank account? Don’t compare. Instead, just think about what you need and want for a happy life.
- Set achievable goals. One of the quickest ways to give up on your dreams is setting unattainable goals for yourself. Don’t fall into that trap. Instead, start with a small, weekly goal that will contribute to the larger goal in hand. If you dream about opening up your very own café or bakery, think: what first step can I take? Reach out to an established bakery owner and learn how he established a strong clientele or research startup costs of a bakery. Now you’re making headway!
- Believe you can achieve what you set your mind to. Your breakthrough to success is all about your mindset. Visualize a successful best-selling book that you’ve written and that’s what you’ll receive. On the flip side, if you focus on being rejected by that book deal and that’s what the Universe will provide.
- Create a realistic plan for success. If you want to get ready to run your first Iron Man Triathlon you’ll need to get your body up to speed. Set a realistic plan for your training, allowing yourself a few months to practice long distance swimming, running and biking. Increase the amount of exercise you do every week to improve endurance. Be proud of your accomplishments along the way.
- Consider all avenues of opportunity. Don’t close any doors that open up in front of you. The Universe is constantly sending us messages, signs and opportunities to have just what it is we want, or perhaps, need at any given moment. For a true breakthrough to success, consider all opportunities that open up before you and choose one – you can’t go wrong anytime you take a risk on success.
Take charge of your life starting today by focusing on your own personal goals and determination of what success really means to you. What are you waiting for? You can have a major breakthrough to success now.
© 2012, Linda. All rights reserved.